Are you excited to go to work every day?
Do you have a job to go to?
The year 2020 has been a tough. In fact, the last few years have not been great for many. Changes in workload, automation, globalization, and go-nowhere jobs have been devastating.
The Gallup Organization have found that 85% of people are really unhappy at work.
It stems from:
- poor training;
- low job satisfaction;
- not feeling appreciated; and
- they don’t trust their boss or administration, to name a few.
Why be part of the statistics? Take charge of your life!
You can start working on your perfect day, get job satisfaction, make a difference, and do what you love by turning your passion into PROFIT!
- Create great flexibility
- Be true to yourself and your body
- Work on something that matters and is interesting to you
- Make a wage that you set, one you feel you deserve for your efforts
- Achieve job security
Yes, you can do this. This is not a pipedream, but your new reality.
What does it take?
1- It starts with a dream.
People think that a dream is only a dream—not attainable. But this is far from the truth. A dream is a picture of what you want, something that is your life’s perfect picture. Napoleon Hill wrote, “Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, you can achieve!”
It starts with imagining, dreaming, what your perfect business would look like. You need to be clear on what you want. This gives you the direction for you to go and get it. Strange as it seems, every time I set my mind on a goal, I always achieve it. The challenge is if I don’t have perfect clarity on what I want, I only get what I had originally thought of, which leads me to the importance of dreaming BIG.
Be clear, be specific, and be BIG.
2- Create a compelling WHY.
A tiny mother can lift a car when her child is stuck underneath it. A man can cut off his arm if he is stuck in a crevice and it is the only way for him to get out. It truly is amazing what you can do when you absolutely have to!
Compile a list of 10 reason why you NEED to succeed. Create a list of 10 negative things that would happen if you didn’t succeed. Put these on a list in your phone that you can easily access when you are feeling frustrated, fatigued, falling-down, or ready to quit.
Type them on a sheet and paste a copy on your bathroom mirror, your car, somewhere on your desk, and anywhere else that you normally are. These reasons will bolster you and give you the extra energy and determination to continue.
3- Convert the dream into specific actions steps.
A dream is only a dream if you don’t take steps to make it a reality. Here is where the work begins: make a list of all the steps you need to take to make your dream a reality. Be specific in what needs to be done.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What mentorship do you need? Money, business, partnership, marketing, etc.
- What type of team do you need? Everyone needs a team to get anything off of the ground. This does not necessarily mean that you need employees, but you will need help with some areas of your business. You will need a mentor, banker, accountant, and lawyer, and help in any area that you have a weakness or no knowledge in.
- Do you want your business to be local, regional, national, or international?
- How many hours are you wanting to work?
- How much money do you realistically want to make?
- What is your idea, product(s), or service?
- What makes your idea, product(s), or service different than any other?
- On a scale of 1 to 100 (100 being total commitment), what is your level of commitment to your success?
- Do you believe that you can succeed?
- No—Why not?
4- Drill down deeper.
It is not good enough just to make a simple list and attack the list randomly. It is essential to be as specific as possible. It is all in the planning. I always tell my sports teams that the hard work is in the practice: building muscle memory, fighting through mediocrity, and striving to be the best. You will never do well in the game if you do not excel in the practice.
Take each step you listed and create a list of mini steps that need to be done to successfully achieve the major step. From there, prioritize each step to always be working on what is MOST IMPORTANT for you to get closer to your dream.
Prioritize each step by labelling them A, B, or C:
- A’s need to be done as soon as possible;
- B’s when the A’s get done; and
- C’s when you have time.
Don’t work on the easiest, hardest, fastest, or what you really don’t want to do—always work on what is most important.
5- Take action! Do it! Get ’er done!
Only God can create from a vacuum; we have to take action. We need to put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard, one foot in front of another. You and your idea, product(s), and services are important. They are needed. They might just make the difference for someone else, somewhere else; they could save a life, change a destiny, or make a better day. Nothing is insignificant.
Get your copy of the Crucial Success Checklist to help you turn your passion into profit!